‘Outside the Box’ Promotion Strategies & Techniques
▪ The Promotion ‘Snowball’ Effect – Show support for pages and posts that are already out there by regularly searching for positive mentions of the site you are trying to promote. If it’s a forum post or a blog post then take the time to post a comment (thereby ‘bumping’ notice of the mention) If it’s on social media then take the time to like, comment, and (optional) share the mention to your site’s Facebook page.
It definitely helps to promote any good mentions by taking the time to actually submit that page URL manually to Google, Bing, and other search providers. You’ll find the Google Search Console Manual Submit Page here while the Bing Manual Submit Page is here.
If the mention is the post of a valued site member of yours then you reward them by the simple fact that you’ve noticed that they are a fan thereby helping to secure site loyalty and enhance their excitement over your site.
I’ve been employing this technique for years with excellent results!
▪ Allow MrGPT to Help You Promote FREE! – Yes, we used to charge for site reviews but for a limited time we are offering to ShiftCode GPT site admins (only) to post your own unique informational post / GPT site review of your site for free! Why ShiftCode GPTs only? Frankly, because it’s the only commercial script that’s worth damn nowadays!
Article submissions must be unique (not ever posted anywhere else) and written from the point of view of one of your site members (hold a site review article contest for your members? …or give extra credit for suitable articles.) Article submissions are subject to editing in writing style, grammar, punctuation, and other issues.
The more detailed and helpful the post – the better. If you would like to offer your winning site member article author to include his/her own referral link to your site as part of the submitted article reward (if chosen for inclusion) then we will honor that.
Why would we do such a thing? Fresh new unique content helps our search ranking. It’s a win-win-win solution! It helps your winning member, it helps you and your GPT, and it helps us add fresh new content.
Please instruct would-be article post authors to refrain from over using superlative language (over the top with statements like ‘the best GPT site in the whole world’, etc.) It must be an honest informational article and/or site review of your site.
Completed article submissions may be sent to us at [email protected] with the subject “Article Submission” We reserve the right to reject articles in whole or in part for any reason whatsoever at our own sole discretion. If you will be rewarding a winner in an article contest please run the article copy by us first before declaring or rewarding a winner.
Articles will also include a linked 468 x 60 banner to your site (also to the winner’s referral link if desired)
▪ Discover & Take Advantage of All the FREE Web Resources – Yes, it’s a proven fact that the more good mentions your GPT site get’s – the better. Blog about your GPT – no hosting payments or domain necessary.
The web is full of totally free promotion platforms such as free blog providers and such. Discover and utilize free web promotion opportunities given by free blog providers to promote your GPT site. It doesn’t have to be lengthy or even pretty, just the mere mention and description of what your site has to offer in a few places makes a definite difference (even if search engines will be the only ones visiting it most of the time)
Start with a basic outline of the features of your GPT site to create an informative article describing your site and all of its benefits. Blog about it! Make sure to change and rearrange each of your articles on different providers to avoid being penalized for duplicate content across blogs.
Below is a list of free web resources to start with. Yes, you definitely will not regret this – believe me! Remember to submit your finished posts to search engines when you are through.
– Blogger.com (free from Google) It’s a known fact that Google’s search engine highly favors web content built on its own platforms. They are happy to provide your with a generous chunk of the web hosted free for life on a subdomain of your choosing (if you have a spare domain name then they are happy to host your free blog at your domain as well) Blogger is Open Live Writer compatible (a neat PC application that makes blogging a whole lot easier and powerful)
– Weebly – Though not my favorite free blog provider it is free and especially easy for newbie blog authors to grasp quickly.
– WordPress – Yes, the professional’s choice for blogging (when self-hosted) also comes in a free blogging version with professional features! WordPress will host your blog for free on their own servers pointed to a sub-domain of your choosing. Simply choose ‘Create Website’ and off you go. WordPress is Open Live Writer compatible (a neat PC application that makes blogging a whole lot easier and powerful)
– Blog.com – I don’t have much experience with Blog.com but I thought I’d mention it because it came up on a list of the top 10 free blogging platforms out there.
Click Here to Find More Such Free Blog Providers
– FeedBurner.com – (also Free from Google) Though not another blogging platform, it is an indispensable very powerful promotional tool that takes any site feed and turns in into a promotional dynamo. FeedBurner will take any standard ho-hum site feed and add powerful features such as ‘PingShot’ (under the ‘Publicize’ tab) which will notify (ping) a myriad of services upon each new blog post you make!
‘Socialize’ (also under the ‘Publicize’ tab) will publish each new blog post to Twitter in real-time with no extra work! FeedBurner is chock full of innovative features and options that will maximize your promotion efforts without much extra work (if any)
On-Topic Online Discussion Forum Promotion
ShiftCode Official Online Discussion Forum – ShiftCode GPT administrators and staff may wish to check the ‘Genuine ShiftCode Powered Get Paid To (GPT) Sites Master List !’ post to ensure that their GPT site is listed . If your GPT site is not listed then send a message on the forum to the post author (myself) suggesting that your site be added.
GPT site admins are encouraged to post a mention of their site in the ‘Recommended GPT / PTC Sites’ section of the forum (and you may well encourage your site members to post to your site’s post thread praising the features, benefits, and payment proof for your ShiftCode GPT site)
Best eMoneys Forum / Earning Portal – This is a very popular forum+ to list your program(s) at. Best eMoneys is more than a simple forum – it has a whole bunch of features and lists of all types of earn online type program. Simply register and then add your site!
There are a number of details to fill in and a verification process to complete but yes, it it a free listing. You will get a small site ‘badge’ to place on your site. they also have a profit sharing program and a few other bells and whistles.
eMoneySpace Forum – This is a very popular on-topic forum to discuss GPT sites, etc. They also have a procedure by which you can be verified as a program admin (thereby giving you exclusive access to a private program admins board where you can compare notes and network with other admins) It’s best to be mindful of the forum posting rules when you seek to promote your site.
GetPaidHwy.com Forum – A popular on-topic forum. This was an extremely popular forum years ago which stagnated over time. The forum admin is attempting a huge forum comeback now. The forum always has some strict posting rules that you’ll want to study before posting though.
GoldenTalk.com Forum – A popular on-topic forum.
TalkGold.com Forum – A popular on-topic forum.
Money Maker Group – A popular on-topic forum.
Click Here to Discover More On-Topic Discussion Forums (courtesy of LMGTFY.com – a.k.a. ‘Let Me Google That For You’)
Free Site Credentials, Listings, & Widget Providers
(add some ‘bling’ to your site while also accomplishing promotion)
Alexa – Search Provider. A listing on Alexa used to be much more important than it seems nowadays (since their move from being a relevant search index to more providing web site SEO and promotion services at a hefty cost) There are, however, a few things you can accomplish on Alexa without cost.
Go to Alexa and type your domain name in to the ‘Enter a site’ box. If it doesn’t know of the site then it may scramble to automatically build a page for your site. You’ll need to sign up for a free account in order to claim your site by adding some code to it and verifying (several methods provided) Once you have claimed your site then it will allow you to make free limited changes to that listing (adding details) If you ask me then it doesn’t make sense to pay what they are asking for a premium account and listing (though I’m sure a few people out there may argue with me on that point.
Alexa search results DO turn up in Google searches and every mention of your site helps in the overall scheme. Once you are finished polishing up your Alexa listing then you may want to add an Alexa widget to your site’s footer. More information on adding the widget is located here.
McAfee SECURE Certification Trustmark – According to their documentation ‘The certification Trustmark is what people look for when they want to check that your site is safe to do business with’ I like it because it furthers a goal of cementing the site as a reputable and safe site plus the fact that it gives search engines two more pages on the internet to find that mention the site in good light (they treat their ‘Certification Trustmark’ page and the ‘TrustedSite Reviews’ page as one but they are actually two different pages on two different URLs that you accomplish creating with a single registration).
Their ‘Certification Lite’ plan is free and it’s active for the first 500 visitors each month and it will allow for up to 100 reviews (they want $800 for the next step up ‘Pro’ plan – nah, I’ll keep my $800, but thanks anyways) According to their FAQs ‘Users of the free plan can be scanned for malware, be listed in our SECURE directory, collect website ratings from their visitors, and display the Trustmark to up to 500 visitors per month’
They provide you with the code to install the ‘floating’ badge on the target site (it’s not at all bad looking either)
RelmaxTop – RelmaxTop has increasingly become popular with online money making sites over the years. It offers a free site counter feature which also allows your site visitors to rate your site and leave comments. They also have a site directory where you can add your site(s) in the proper category. Yes, they do have premium upgrade features (at a cost) but I find their free offerings very helpful and sufficient for my own purposes.
They describe their own site as a “Site directory where web sites are ranked by the number of visitors, feedback and votes you get through free hit counter.”
Search Engine Submission
Entireweb – Free Search Engine Submission. Simply enter the URL you wish to have submitted, enter your email address, and select free submission (or whatever service you wish to use) They will send you an email in which you need to click on the verification link and you’re off!
Don’t forget to click on the Bing submission link to complete the simple manual submission process for Bing. This is by far the easiest most effective free submission service I’ve seen yet. Submit your site to Google, Yahoo & Bing – Free & Easy!!
Submit FREE to Earn Online Top Site Lists
Top site lists are an excellent way for site admins to promote get paid to (GPT) sites. Basically you register for a free account referencing your site. After registration then you’ll be required to place a small bit of code displaying a tiny banner anywhere on your site (though usually in the site footer) that tracks hits and votes on your site. Most top site lists use some combination of the number of hits the banner gets while also noting the number of votes for your site. The higher the rank your site generates then the further up the top site list your site progresses towards the number 1 position.
It should be mentioned here that it makes sense only for GPT site owners, admins, or staff to list a GPT site on these top site lists as one must have coding access in order to place the crucial tracking/voting banner code on the target site. Without this code placed on the target site then that site’s listing has no way to move up the list.
Note that a top site list administrator may be so inclined to replace the straight link URL to your GPT site with their own referral link for your site. It’s a bit controversial though it need not be if you have the right information and attitude. It’s still a win-win for all involved. Your GPT still get’s promoted and the list admin get’s a reward from promoting your site and keeping fresh new traffic flowing to the top site list by investing hard work and money promoting the list.
Below are the top site lists that I founded and admin in the order of popularity:
– Earn GoTop100 Top Site List [Add Your Site Here] – Only Legitimate Trusted FREE to Join & Earn Online Money & Get Paid To (GPT) Sites ! – My most popular top site list with a Google pagerank of one (pr1) Yes, it is required that you place the link/voting code on the target site in order to stay on the list and progress at all up the list. Yes, admittedly there is a bit of playing politics on this list but all listings here are very effective promotion for any site involved!
[I do tend to highly favor ShiftCode GPT sites (if you have a decent quality ShiftCode GPT site then I’m usually more than happy to spare you having to work your way though the lower ranks as a free favor/perk – just contact me at [email protected]) If you are interested in starting your own similar list for free then simply click on the ‘Create Free Top Site’ link in the upper right corner (list administration is a bit complicated here though – it takes some getting used to)]
– Free Cash Online Top Site List [Add Your Site Here] – Get Paid To GPT Sites – Free Paid Survey Sites – GPT Related Sites – CPA Networks – We Are The Get Paid To / Work At Home Industry Authority – 100% Free Member Generated List – This is a self-hosted list that’s been around and popular for many years! Yes, it is required that you place the link/voting code on the target site in order to stay on the list and progress at all up the list. This list is ranked by the average number of weekly unique views the ranking banner receives on your site.
ARTICLE / TOPIC IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION – to be continued